The biggest fear that most of the people in the world are facing is obesity or excess body weight. Regular exercises or physical activity or low caloric intake can help in weight loss for people who less obese. But for extremely obese people or morbidly obese these strategies don’t yield good results or provide very minimal results. The best way to shed off those extra pounds is gastric sleeve surgery, which has numerous benefits attached to it.
Few advantages associated with gastric sleeve surgery are as follows:
- Hunger: Lack of hunger due to the removal of a large portion of your stomach, most of the hormones in the stomach that trigger your sensation of hunger are also eliminated.
- No foreign objects: There are no foreign objects or devices implanted inside of you near your stomach or anywhere else, unlike in the gastric band surgery’s gastric band.
- Post-surgery Diet: The diet provided post-surgery is not very restrictive, which means you can eat most of the foods you have always eaten, just in smaller portions now.
- Simpler: Gastric sleeve surgery is comparatively simpler than any other weight-loss surgeries. It doesn’t have any procedure of disconnecting or rerouting the intestines.
- Less Time: The gastric sleeve is a non-reversible procedure that takes about 60 – 90 minutes only, to complete.
- Other Surgeries: Other weight-loss surgeries like gastric bypass and duodenal switch can also be performed after the procedure of gastric sleeve.
- Weight loss: Significant weight loss is another benefit of this surgery. Most individuals who undergo this process lose about 40-60% of the excess body weight within 2 years of the surgery.
- Good option: It is also considered as a good option for patients with existing medical conditions due to excess weight, like Crohn’s disease, Lupus, anemia, etc. Such candidates are not recommended by medical experts for other weight-loss surgeries.
Consider these benefits before you choose the type of surgery you want to undergo. These above advantages have made gastric surgery the most popular and successful surgery. Connect with the best Bariatric surgeon for your Gastric Sleeve Surgery post careful research.