Why use a gym when you have outdoors that can offer you the same level of fitness? There is no doubt that there are a specific time and place for treadmill and elliptical in fitness, but, you cannot ignore the role of greenery and surrounding in your exercise. Exercising in an open area under the sky helps release your mind with all the tension, increases your mental health, makes you happy, and nature is a great stress buster. Outdoor fitness may include running in your neighborhood for a few miles, doing yoga in a park, playing games, etc. There is no specific schedule to do it as long as you are enjoying your workout. You can get more information on outdoor fitness from this site https://www.norwell.dk/. So, get up and move out for your daily dose of exercise.
Reasons for taking your workout outdoor
- Makes you happy: A study on outdoor fitness has revealed that people who walk an hour around the greenery feel less anxious as compared to other people who don’t. It is said that your happiness increases automatically by simply looking at the pictures of the mother nature. In simple words, you just need a few trees around you, open area, and a pair of shoes to boost your mood.
- Stronger workout: Running on a treadmill is what we prefer doing, and it is better than not doing any exercise at all. However, there is nothing better than an outdoor exercise for a strong workout session. It has been found that running in an open area uses more energy as compared to running on a treadmill to cover the same distance.
- Stronger immune system: One of the old Japanese practice says that walking in a greenery-filled area not only makes you mentally healthy, but it also has the ability to improve your immune system. Threes have a compound called phytoncides that are beneficial in combating disease and improving immune strength.
Benefits of doing a workout in an outdoor area
- Harder workout: It has been proved in a study that running in an outdoor area uses more energy than running on a treadmill as when you run in an open area, you experience a constantly changing environment. In order to keep the pace of your workout, you try to adapt to those constant changes. In such case, your body works harder to dodge the obstacles.
- Zero membership fees: Nature belongs to us all. An outdoor area can be anywhere across your door. You do not have to pay a membership fee for using nature for your workout. You can use gardens, parks, beaches, mountains, etc. for your workout session for absolutely no free. So, why spend bucks in the gym? Move out in an open area to enjoy exercise with nature.
- Clean air: Researches have found that indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air, especially in the metropolitan cities. Nature provides you fresh and clean air for respiration along with a place for a workout. So keep yourself healthy by inhaling fresh air served by mother nature.
Tips to start a workout in an open area
- Exercise early: Exercise seems like a herculean task; thus, we find a variety of reasons to avoid exercise, especially during the second of the day. Morning time is believed to be the best time for exercise as you feel fresh, your energy is high, the air is cleaner, the temperature seems lower, and many more. To cash on the post workout benefits start your exercise early in the morning.
- Avoid extreme temperature: Human body has the ability to adapt to any temperature, whether warm or cold. However, it is said to avoid exercise during extreme hot or cold weather. Working out in extreme temperature are likely to cause headache, faintness, cramps, dizziness, etc. Hence, it is advised to do exercise when the temperature is mild.
- Drink water: It is advisable to drink enough water before starting your workout. Drinking 8 to 10 ounces of water will likely keep you hydrated for a minimum 30 minutes of your workout session. You can lose the water via sweating. Drinking sufficient amount of water will also keep you away from dizziness, nausea, and you will not feel thirsty.